Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A Weekend Away

This past weekend we sent Lukas to Houston to spend the weekend with my parents so we could have a weekend alone. Now I love my son to distraction, but this was a much needed weekend of refreshment for Eric and I. We were able to sleep in and be lazy on Saturday as well as get some much needed things accomplished. Then Saturday night, thanks to my wonderful sister who won it in an auction last year, we were able to spend the night in a hotel and have a fantastic room service breakfast! And the best part is it was all free!!! The only thing we paid for was the in-room movie we bought. Neither of us realized how much we needed a weekend away until it was here, and then we just felt the stress melting off. Now we are refreshed and ready to go for the next round....and believe me it will not be another 9 months before we do this again!

Now I can't speak for Lukas but after seeing the pictures Mema and Grandad sent back I'm guessing he had a great weekend too. I'll let ya'll decide...









1 comment:

Lauren said...

He's SO stinkin' CUTE, Riss! Awww, I miss your parents...