Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Painful and Disgusting

On Monday, Lukas landed at the doctor's office and was diagnosed with the beginnings of an ear infection. I was not terribly surprised seeing as most of the time we land at the doctor's office it's an ear infection (I think a total of 4 since January). However, when this morning (Wed) his ear started draining reddish-brownish goo I started to get a little more concerned. Thankfully, Eric was home today (I had a migraine...lovely day in our house, huh?) so I didn't have to do all this alone. We went again to doctor (we really should get a discount for being there so much) and were told his ear drum had burst. He now has new medicine, and we had to swab out his ear with an adult q-tip. I thought I was going to hurt him worse, but we were also told we could bulb syringe his ear (no thanks!!) so I chose the lesser of two evils. Now that all the pressure from the built up fluid is gone though he should be feeling better (at least that what the doctor says), we have yet to see that.

I don't think I've ever mentioned, but Dr. Naylor is the best pediatrician. She was so much help to us when we were looking for a company on insurance to do his helmet. And it helps that she absolutely loves him! So if anyone out there is ever looking for a really good pediatrician in Flower Mound, I highly recommend her.

On another note, I know I haven't posted pictures lately but our camera is acting up. If we can't fix it by tomorrow we'll have to go the old fashion route (*gasp!*) for his birthday and then just develop it. 'Cause who does that anymore in this digital age. Oh well, we'll do what we have to. So needless to say, pictures of his ONE YEAR BIRTHDAY (can't believe it!) are coming soon.

4 comments:

Deanna said...

Awww poor Lukas! Sorry about his ear! This summer I will mainly be in Abilene taking classes and working a little but I will be around. Houston and DFW some too hopefully. I would LOVE to come see yall! We should work it out for sure! Happy Bday to Lukas!

Claudia said...

Sorry to hear or should I say read about his ear!! Jackson had tubes put in his ears at 8 months. I would recommend doing it sooner rather than later! Ask your dr about going to an ENT and see what they say.

txmommy34 said...

So sorry about his ears! That has to hurt and the only way they can tell us it hurts is by crying and fussing. Super fun when you have a migraine, huh? Hope you're both feeling better ASAP. BTW, if you want to run by our house tomorrow, you can borrow our old digital camera. It's just a point and shoot, but it takes great pics. We upgraded to DSLR last Christmas.
LaRae

Hannah said...

Poor little guy! That sounds pretty miserable.

And I can't believe it's approaching one year! Wow!