Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Faire, The Last Day of School, and The Gardens

I seriously got out of the habit of posting after my hard drive crashed. I now have a new hard drive, and need to get back in the habit. So on to the update....

Scarborough Faire

We visited the faire 5-9-09, the Saturday before Mother's Day, with Mimi and Papa. This was the third year I've gone, and Lukas' second year. This year Lukas wandered everywhere and saw everything! Most importantly he stopped to listen to every music show we passed. Although, I think the absolute highlight for him was when he got to ride the pony.



This fountain was just cool!





We barely left without buying a sword. I don't think we'll be able to do the same next year.



He's very serious about his pony riding, but this was his FAVORITE part.




The Last Day of School

Unfortunately Lukas was sick on the last day of school. The Wednesday before he had a viral infection with a fever as high as 104.3, so needless to say he was unable to go Thursday. Sadly on Thursday (5-21-09) he did wake up feeling just fine. Thankfully, I was able to go for part of the day and say goodbye to all my kids. I'm so thankful for Eric's flexible schedule!

Fort Worth Botanical Gardens

On Memorial Day (5-25-09) we visited the gardens with Mimi and Papa. They were beautiful! We were completely worn out by the time we were done, but we got our exercise. Lukas found every water fountain (or puddle) on or off the path. I think his favorite part was the Japanese Gardens where we watched the Koi swim. If we hadn't been so tired already and he hadn't been having so much asthma trouble we probably would have fed the fish. However, he never asked to so we didn't mention it.

Ready to go!



Posing for the first picture...although not so excited about it.



Mimi and Papa!







Beautiful!!







In a place this beautiful it's easy to get great pictures, so I have many more that I didn't post.

No comments: