Thursday, February 10, 2011

Lukas' Experiment

I noticed Lukas had dug a bouncy ball out and was running back and forth between the carpet in the playroom and the tile bouncing it. I asked him what he was doing. He replied that he was finding the elasticity. I then asked him what he discovered. He said that on the carpet it had no elasticity, but on the tile it had lots of elasticity. He also demonstrated his findings. I was stunned for a few reasons 1) my 3 year old watched a Sid the Science Kid a few weeks ago about elasticity and remembered enough about it to apply it to an experiment, 2) he came up with the experiment, conducted it, and then explained his findings very clearly, and 3) he did it all by himself! This kid continues to amaze me with the way his mind works.

I asked him to repeat his experiment so I could video it.


No comments: