Thursday, August 28, 2008

Our First House!!

Eric and I have now officially signed our life away so that we could own our very own home!!! Needless to say, we are extremely giddy first-time home buyers. On our walk through the night before closing I took a bunch of pictures which I will post below, and don't worry all the stuff you see in the pictures is now gone. Our new home is in Denton, TX, and we will move into it in a couple of weeks. There are a couple of painting projects to be done first. It is a 3 bedroom and 2 bath. Our backyard backs up to the local elementary school.

The front combined living room and dining room.





The kitchen...with a pantry!





The laundry room, which thankfully should be large enough to house the cat's litter box.



Our back, or informal, living room, and really neat fireplace.





Bedroom #1: This will be Lukas' room. This room is painting project #1 because it has a bright neon pink wall (which I did not post a picture of).





Bedroom #2: This will be a study and guest bedroom. The open door on the right of the picture opens into a closet that the master bedroom shares...so they are connected.





The master bedroom.



The closet on the left is that pass-through closet to the "yellow" room.





The master bathroom, which I think is really pretty.







After 5 years of apartment life, we are super excited to have a garage.



Our backyard, and this picture doesn't even show all the grass on the left. The field on the right (over the fence of course) is the elementary school.



So, I know that was a lot of pictures to put in a row. Not that I wouldn't have posted them all, but next time I'll find a better way of doing it...like a slideshow or something. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed them!

7 comments:

Claudia said...

Owning a home is soo exciting! Congrats! Cannot wait to see it when it is all decorated. I have family in Denton and they go to Singing Oaks Church of Christ and have a great mothers day out!!

claudia

Ashley said...

YAY!!!!

Kristi said...

It's beautiful! Can't wait to see it!!!!

Jill said...

I'm so excited for you! YAY! We'll be at VRCC Sunday, so hopefully we'll talk more then!

Kent said...

Is Lucas always going to be allowed to play with the electrical sockets in your new house? :)

More seriously, the house looks great. Can't wait to see it. I know you guys are excited and you should be. So much work but so much fun and so worth it. Beats an apartment any day. Congrats!

Kent

The Cox Family said...

Congrats! Your first house is so exciting!

Lauren said...

How wonderful! I have to say... the fireplace is my absolute FAVORITE thing about the house! CONGRATS!