Thursday, November 27, 2008

RSV and Thanksgiving

About a week ago Lukas' nose started running, but it was always clear so we really weren't worried about it. Then a few days ago he started coughing, and the cough medicine wasn't helping it. So, we took him to the doctor on Wednesday figuring he was just draining really bad and needed a new medicine. However, he was diagnosed with RSV (after the "oh so fun" nose swab...he was NOT happy about that). We are back on Albuterol breathing treatments every 4 hours, and as long as he's coughing he's contagious. This meant instead of going to Eric's family Thanksgiving we had to stay home so we didn't get everyone sick. I'm at the point where I just throw my hands in the air and give up. Not only is Lukas sick, but Eric and I sick with it too. Thankfully in adults it just basically a cold. Our whole family has been sick for the entire month of November. I'm SO ready for December. I don't know if December will be any better, but I'm hoping because I'm ready for our family to be healthy again.

I snapped a couple of pictures, so we'd have something from this Thanksgiving.





Even though I'm pretty fed up with our family's general health, I must say I'm extremely thankful for the pulmonologist. At that doctor visit his medications were changed up, and he's doing much better on a daily basis.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

So sorry! That doesn't sound fun for anyone. Hope he gets to feeling better soon.

Alison said...

Poor guy....Eric should be a pro with those treatments. Just like old times, unfortunately.